About Me

My photo
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Hi! I'm Lisa, or Scrapadoodler on my scrapbooking sites. I am married and have two beautiful little girls ages 9 and 4. I am a believer in Jesus - a child of the King. I love CHRISTMAS, photography, scrapbooking, trash to treasure home decor, and anything crafty! I also have a new love of cleaning and organizing. I have a growing collection of snowmen and I just LOVE Christmas! I hope you enjoy my blog....sit down, grab a cup of coffee, and spend a little time with me! God bless you today!

Monday, January 6, 2014

Get a Grip!

That title was the title for today's daily devotional on Encouragement for Today. I love it because that is one of the sayings I say a lot! It goes along with the verses for today ... "When I said, 'My foot is slipping,' your unfailing love, LORD, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy." Psalm 94:18-19 (NIV)......when we think that the troubles of life are consuming us, "get a grip" on the Lord Jesus and He will hold us up! It sounds sooooo simple, but it's so true! I can think of so many times in my life that I thought things were just swirling out of control, and yes, even a few in the past few weeks, but I just have to learn to hold on to Jesus thru it all. He is my stronghold. This past summer we moved out here to Oklahoma.....from PA.......and from NY before that. We have moved three times since Christmas 2011....so, being it's JUST the first week of January 2014, that means that we've moved three times in two years....probably more like a year and three quarters or so.....yeah, that's too much goin' on for a family! BUT, the Lord has been in the center of it all. We prayed and prayed and prayed and seeked out the Lord and where He wanted us.....Oklahoma was the place for this move. I was all for it, or so it seemed, until we got out here. Not sure what was going on inside of my head, but, I just wasn't the same. This was a HUGE change for all of us, but for me, I just wasn't adapting very well to it. I still have troubles, and I know that God is helping me through, but... still not quite the same happy chipper person I used to be. I soooo need to memorize the two verses from today and learn to "Get a grip!" My grandmother used to tell me to just take one day at a time, one situation at a time.......sometimes that's easier said then done, lol! Well, I better quit this daily post, it kind of seems like my thoughts have been rather random here, but, oh well.....lolol.......guess that's how I think sometimes, very randomly! haha!! Well, tomorrow is another day! Take care and God bless you all, and remember, "Get a Grip!"

No comments: