About Me

My photo
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Hi! I'm Lisa, or Scrapadoodler on my scrapbooking sites. I am married and have two beautiful little girls ages 9 and 4. I am a believer in Jesus - a child of the King. I love CHRISTMAS, photography, scrapbooking, trash to treasure home decor, and anything crafty! I also have a new love of cleaning and organizing. I have a growing collection of snowmen and I just LOVE Christmas! I hope you enjoy my blog....sit down, grab a cup of coffee, and spend a little time with me! God bless you today!

Friday, January 3, 2014

The Blue Whale

Wow, isn't this Whale HUUUUUUGE?!! That's what we thought too, lol!! I was looking for something to do with the girls today on their last "official" vacation day before going back to school........and I found this whale that we could go see in a town called Catoosa on the famous Route 66. We wish it had been a tad bit warmer, but it was fun nonetheless. I read that it used to be a little swimming hole type park, but closed back in '86 I believe it was. The giant whale had two little slides, one coming off each side of him. There are places to sit to have a picnic too........I think we might try to go there when the weather gets warmer! After visiting with the whale, we drove around to see what else we could see........we ended up going to the Tulsa Airport to see if any planes were taking off or coming in for a landing........the girls love to watch planes!! Then we just drove around for a bit and the girls saw some wild horses running in a group......they were just so amazed to see the horses staying in their group while running along.......... I'm just very thankful that I have girls that can find enjoyment in the little things of life, and don't have to spend toooo much money on them. Once in awhile they might get spoiled, but usually it doesn't take very much to make them happy! Well, that was our day today......now, some blanket forts are ahead for this evening! Enjoy your night!

No comments: